The main purpose of this position is to provide end-to-end business analysis services to the Prudential Authority (PA) departments in order to identify business problems and needs, determine solutions and enable improvement in organisational processes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
· Hold responsibility for driving business analysis initiatives from initiation to implementation on projects of low/medium risk with a cycle of up to 12 months.
· Facilitate workshops independently and consult with business owners and stakeholders in respect of problem definitions and the identification of business requirements/needs.
· Review business processes and procedures, analyse business needs and associated data, identify and assess possible solutions, and define the associated requirements.
· Elaborate the scope and feasibility of solutions and develop the supporting business case.
· Manage change requirements and supporting specifications.
· Investigate problems and propose solutions by interacting with users, developers and other stakeholders.
· Develop manuals and plans, and present training courses in support of implementation.
· Stay abreast of changes to analytical tools and methodologies, identify opportunities to improve and standardise work processes, and apply these in the course of own work.
To be considered for this position, candidates must be in possession of:
a minimum of an Honours degree (NQF 8) in Information Technology or Computer Science ; and
five to eight years’ job-related experience within the business analysis environment. Additional requirements include:
quality assurance knowledge and skill;
continuous improvement knowledge and skill;
continued learning/professional development knowledge and skill;
proficiency in agile ways of work;
business transformation and optimisation knowledge and skill;
elicitation techniques knowledge and skill;
planning and organising skills;
developing and growing others;
judgement and decision-making skills;
resilience; and impact and influence.