Love is one of the most beautiful feelings in the world. When you fall in love with someone, everything around you seems to be beautiful. You feel overwhelmed by the smallest of things around you. Love is often only discussed and talked about when we go through heartbreak; this is why we forget to highlight how love is a lot more than just suffering, pain and heartbreak. Love is smiling by yourself for no reason thinking about a cute memory from the day before. It is about being caring, generous and selfless. You can be over the moon when you are in love and also loved back.
Humor: The Best Medicine To Keep The Love Alive
We often hear about how keeping love alive is important and how we should strive to keep the love and harmony in our relationships alive. However, most of us do not know how to keep it alive. One of the most important things that are also considered to be a medicine to keep love alive is humor. Humor is best when it is natural and timely. You do not need to try too hard to be funny or to be humorous. You just need to be yourself. In a relationship, there comes a time when you can be your genuine self. You wouldn’t care if you have unwaxed arms or overgrown mustache and you can be as dorky and silly as you want to be. Your boyfriend will love you nonetheless because this is the real you. Keeping the silliness alive in any relationship is extremely important. You should not care about being too much or too extra for your boyfriend. Be comfortable in your own shoes without trying too hard to be someone else. Be funny and crazy and wild. Having some harmless pranks will keep your love and bond alive always. Laughter has a lot of benefits which will help you develop that intimacy with your partner.
Quotes and beautiful saying have always had our backs. Whether it is to feel validated and understood through words when the people are around us don’t seem to be that understanding, whether it is to find the motivation or whether it is to find humor. Similarly, funny love quotes can also bring that spice back into your relationship and send the message of you love across while making them laugh at the same time. This article has all the humorous quotes and sayings you could use to do exactly that. Confused as to how to use these? I’ve got that covered too. Here are a few creative ways to use them and make his day. Let’s dive right in!
1. When he has had a bad day at work
After a bad day at work, one is often irritated and generally in a bad mood. You can use humor to lighten up his mood. You need to cheer him up and you can do that by making him a funny card or a funny love letter. You can add funny pictures of the both of you and add silly captions like, “I promise to be by your side, or over you. Or under you.” This will not only make him smile but will also show him that you will do anything to lighten his mood.
2. Use funny captions on Instagram posts
Social media is a platform where you can display all your love and affection for your boyfriend. You can add cute and funny love quotes as captions and make him realize how lucky he is for having you in his life. Some of the funny quotes you can use as Instagram captions are: “You had me at hello.”
3. Use funny quotes for his birthday wish
In a relationship, the birthday of your significant other is just as important as your own birthday. Most girls and even guys would go miles to make this day the most special day for their partner. You can write him a cute wish or even a poem and use funny quotes to make him read that wish time and again. Your wish can be both cheesy as well as funny as you can tell him how he is the apple of your pie. By replacing the word eye with the word pie, you have turned a cute quote into a funny one.
4. Use funny quotes at your anniversary dinner
When you have spent over a year of your life with someone, you can now be completely silly with them. At the anniversary dinner, your partner will be expecting you to go all out of the way and be thankful how you feel lucky having him in your life but you instead of being sentimental, you can choose to be funny. Instead of saying how lucky you are for having him, tell him how he is the luckiest person in the world for having you but then you can show him how blessed you feel you are. Use fancy quotes like, “By the way, I am wearing the smile you gave me.”
5. When he is mad at you
The best way to cool down a heated argument or conversation is to use funny quotes in between. If your boyfriend is mad at you over something, say something funny and make him burst into laughter. You will change his mood and the argument will end on its own.
15 Funny Quotes About Love For Him
From the Movies
1. “If you’re a bird, I’m a bird.” – The Notebook
2. “I’d rather fight with you than make love with anyone else.” – The Wedding Date
3. “You had me at hello.” – Jerry Maguire
4. “I hate the way you talk to me and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much that it makes me sick….” – 10 Things I Hate About You
5. “Can you move?” “Only my lips.” – Letters to Juliet
6. “Romantic love is a mental illness. But it’s a pleasurable one.” – Fran Lebowitz
7. “Love is telling someone that his zipper is open or her wig looks too fake.”
8. “According to Newton’s Law of love, love can neither be created nor destroyed. However, it can create a girlfriend who can destroy wallets.”
9. “Will you lend me a kiss? I promise to give it back.”
10. “Love is a lot like a backache, it doesn’t show up on X-rays, but you know it’s there.” – George Burns
11. “So why are you so mad at me for kissing you?” “Because you took too long. If you’d done that, say, three years ago, we wouldn’t have only had one kiss before we both get horribly mutilated.” ― Rusty Fischer, Ushers, Inc.
12. “I own your balls, huh !” She grinned, laughing.”― M Robinson
13. “Her heart slammed into her ribs as his mouth descended on hers. This is what it must feel like to get broadsided by a two-ton pick-up, she thought inanely.” – Vittorio’s Runaway Bride by Kimberley Reeves
14. “My sewing could wait, I thought—could go to hell for all I cared. Suddenly all I wanted to do was watch Gronk do his thang-thang in the zone place there.” – A Gronking to Remember by Lacey Noonan
15. “Biological clocks started ticking like time bombs waiting to detonate, gravity exerted more force on your life than your mom, and suddenly, the dog-ugliest creep looked like Jake Gyllenhaal.” – Busted in Bollywood by Nicola Marsh
Love is not always 3 am conversations and deep emotional intimacy. Sometimes love is having pillow fights at 2 in the afternoon jumping at the end. Love is a lot more than just a serious part. Humor and silliness are extremely important in keeping love alive. You should know how to use humor at the right time in a relationship. Be as silly as you want to be with your boyfriend and make him fall in love with the crazy and cranky side of yours. Making someone smile is the part of the love we often forget to highlight. We should focus on how to keep the relationships alive by being real and being crazy.
The more you understand yourself, the more silence there is, the healthier you are. —Maxime Lagacé