Have you got a boyfriend who’s absolutely obsessed with reading? Does he always appreciate when you manage to make clever novel references? Well, to help you express your love for him in the way dearest to your man, we’ve come up with a list of romance novel quotes that you can use! Read these out, and feel free to use the ones that relate to your special relationship.
Quotes From the Heart To Impress And Touch your Bibliophilic Man!
Heart-warming Love Quotes
Sometimes, we just can’t put the extent of our love in words. Everybody is capable of loving purely, but only some of us are blessed with the majestic eloquence to communicate it well. If you’re looking for quotes that relate to the exact feelings you have for your book-loving boyfriend, this section is organized just for you. Read these magical quotes we’ve chosen from famous books, and hand-pick the ones you’d like to send to your man!
1. “I would have told you earlier, but as it was your birthday . . . What do you give the man who has everything? I thought I’d give you . . . me.”
He puts the keychain down on the bedside table and snuggles in beside me, pulling me into his arms against his chest so that we’re spooning.
“It’s perfect. Like you.”
― E.L. James, Fifty Shades Darker
2. “I often think that he’s the only one of us who’s achieved immortality. I don’t mean in the sense of fame and I don’t mean he won’t die someday. But he’s living it. I think he is what the conception means. You know how people long to be eternal. But they die with every day that passes. . . They change, they deny, they contradict- and they call it growth. In the end, there is nothing left, nothing unreversed or unbetrayed; as if there had never been an entity, only a succession of adjectives fading in and out of an unformed mass. How do they expect a permanence which they never held for a single moment? But Howard- one can imagine him living forever.”
― Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead
3. “Why have you been staring at me ever since we met? Because I’m not the Gail Wynand you’d heard about. You see, I love you. And love is exception-making. If you were in love you’d want to be broken, trampled, ordered, dominated, because that’s the impossible, in the inconceivable for you in your relations with people. That would be the one gift, the great exception you’d want to offer the man you loved. But it wouldn’t be easy for you.”
― Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead
4. “There are guys who grow up thinking they’ll settle down some distant time in the future, and there are guys who are ready for marriage as soon as they meet the right person. The former bore me, mainly because they’re pathetic; and the latter, quite frankly, are hard to find. But it’s the serious ones I’m interested in, and it takes time to find a guy like that whom I’m equally interested in. I mean, if the relationship can’t survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term?”
― Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song
5. “He looked like every glossy frat boy in every nerd movie ever made, like every popular town boy who’d ever looked right through her in high schools, like every rotten rich kid who’d ever belonged where she hadn’t.
My mama warned me about guys like you.
He turned to her as if he’d heard her and alsok off his sunglasses, and she went down the steps to meet him, wiping her sweaty palms on her dust-smeared khaki shorts. “Hi, I’m Sophie Dempsey,” she said, flashing the Dempsey gotta-love-me grin as she held out her hot, grimy hand, and after a moment he alsok it.
His hand was clean and cool and dry, and her heart pounded harder as she looked into his remote, gray eyes.
“Hello, Sophie Dempsey,” her worst nightmare said. “Welcome to Temptation.”
― Jennifer Crusie, Welcome to Temptation
6. “The collar had restrained his winds but not killed them. They uncoiled from behind the shadows, ready to surround her, to lift her up, to carry her away with only Ariel’s silk-clad arms wrapped about her to keep her from falling.
Spirare, they whispered to her like an incantation. Breathe us in.
Bertie didn’t mean to, but she inhaled, and everything inside her was a spring morning, a rose opening its petals to the sun, the light coming through the wavering glass of an old, diamond-paned window.
Tendrils of wind reached for Bertie with a coaxing hand. Release him, and he will love you.”
― Lisa Mantchev, Eyes Like Stars
7. “Do you remember the unbidden summer rain
Washing the dew from mulberries away?
Can you forget the scent of honey over fields,
And those amber-colored acorns beads…
And crowds of singing motley birds
Around the foggy, misty lake?
That’s where our childhood mirth
Will be remained as a fairy-tale…”
― Sahara Sanders, Gods’ Food
8. “Emily could not explain it how, but she felt it that Mr. Fog is somewhere around and that he needs to talk to her about something essential…
She just knew it, and that was it.”
― Sahara Sanders, Gods’ Food
9. “He cradled her cheek and turned her head slightly, until their gazes met. “For whatever comfort this might bring you in the nights that follow, know this… when I thought death was a surety, I chose a collection of memories that revolved around you to carry into the dark with me.”
― Lorraine Heath, Never Love a Cowboy
Erotic Novel Quotes
No one in the world knows how exactly your boyfriend makes you feel. Those butterflies in your belly, and the way he makes you blush without even trying… All this constiutes a priceless spark in your relationship that keeps it exciting. Sometimes, a few words are enough to remind a person of an entire sizzling moment, sending chills down their spine. The book-quotes listed here do just that, encapsulating a titillating experience that the author draws between lovers. You and your boyfriend could surely relate to these!
10. “I woke to the sizzle and smell of bacon, freshly brewed coffee, and the soft patter of rain on the window. Cooper was nowhere to be seen. My clock radio read 7:35 a.m. I rolled over on my stomach and just laid quietly in bed absorbing the sweet sounds and smells. About 10 minutes later I heard Cooper come into the room. I felt the bedrock as he kneeled on and crawled across it, ultimately straddling my body. He pulled the sheet down exposing my naked back. He placed gentle, wet kisses down my spine, “Good morning Beautiful.”
― Lynn Handley, Forehead Kisses
11. “As our kissing progresses, I don’t care that our tryst seems raunchy and wrong. I don’t care that I’m at school, in the boy’s bathroom. I don’t care that to most people this would seem cheap, dirty, and despicable. The only thing I can think about while he kisses me deeper, harder, faster, is that Henry Garner is the plague and the only thing I want him to do is infect me.”
― Lauren Hammond, He Loves Me…He Loves You Not…
12. “His gaze slid over me like a veil of fire. He could ignite my deepest desires with a single glance. I decided right then and there no more reading romance novels by candlelight.”
― Darynda Jones, Second Grave on the Left
13. “Does he lay with you in the grass? Does he stare up at the stars, speaking of his dreams, wishing he could roll over and kiss you and run his fingers along the breasts that tease him beneath the shirt–the shirt he knows he will carry home with him and smell and, God help him, sleep in, just so that he could be close to you?”
― Charlotte Featherstone, Addicted
14. “One more kiss like that, and I’d let him do whatever he wanted. Tie me up. Dress me like a nurse. Make me call him Daddy. I didn’t care.”
― Helen Hardt, Breathless
Romantic Long Distance Book Quotes
Long-distance relationships come with a unique type of pain, the kind that only the two people in it can understand. There’s this constant helplessness that screams through the screen everytime you read your partner’s text, see their face on a video call, or hear their voice through your phone. There’s always a neverunding urge to just hold him, hug him, kiss him, and never let him go. You know you love each other, you know you want to be with each other more than anything else, yet you can’t do anything about it. Some LDR quotes in this part will help you and your partner remember that many couples have gotten through it, and you will also. After all, love always wins.
15. I craved his touch, his smell, even the awareness that he was nearby. But now he felt miles away, and I couldn’t reach him, and that knowledge made me feel ready to crumble, to cease to exist.”
― Alexandra Adornetto
16. “Henry was learning that time apart has a way of creating distance- more than mountains and time zone separating them. Real distance, the kind that makes you ache and stop wondering. Longing so bad that it begins to hurt to care so much.”
― Jamie Ford, Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
17. “I miss you in the maddening noise of the crowd,
I hear your laughter at my folly with sweet indifference,
I miss you like a frozen tear finding its course,
I miss you in your presence inside me,
I miss you in every breath I take.”
― Debatrayee Banerjee, A Whispering Leaf. . .
18. “Neither one of them could turn off their feelings, even with so much time and distance between them. The more they were apart, and the more they weren’t allowed to be together, the more they loved each other.”
― Donna Lynn Hope, Willow
19. “Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.”
― Edna St. Vincent Millay
20. “If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.”
― Emily Jane Brontë, Wuthering Heights
Quotes are magical, they leave a lasting impact on every reader that relates to its core message. Some people even turn their lives around just based on a single quote that their beliefs absolutely relate to. In the same way, lovers also find deeper meaning in romantic book-quotes. If your boyfriend has always been into reading books, and is a romance-enthusiast who loves you just as much you love him, these quotes would be an absolute treat for him. It’ll tell him how much you care about him, while also touching on his undying passion for books. From this long list of 20 quotes, we hope you can find the right ones to dedicate to him. All the best!
The more you understand yourself, the more silence there is, the healthier you are. —Maxime Lagacé