Road Accident Fund (RAF) hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Medical Advisor. The application will close on 20th October 2020.
Road Accident Fund (RAF) advertised post is as follows:
- MEDICAL ADVISOR: T.A.S.K LEVEL 16 (3 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT), REF: 07082019MED
- A Medical Degree (MBChB) or equivalent.
- Registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Doctor.
- Certificate in Evidence Based training (PTCMA) or Health Technology assessment (HTA) training or in progress of obtaining the qualification.
- Postgraduate qualification will be advantageous.
- Relevant 6 – 8 years’ experience as a medical doctor in a managed care/ insurance/ healthcare environment, medical advisory work of which 2 years’ experience must have been on a management/ area of expertise.
- With experience in the development of treatment protocols, policies and working with a team of researchers to develop the treatment protocols (clinical coder, pharmacist, etc.).
- Strategic capability and leadership.
- Results orientation.
- Business and financial acumen.
- Brand and stakeholder orientation.
- Organisational resilience.
- Communication skills.
- Team resiliences.
- Network and alliances.
- Talent management.
- Change management.
- Computer literacy on Microsoft packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer).
- Ability to draft treatment protocols, policies and guidelines in line with evidence based medicine.
- Ability to work within framework and scope of clinical research team.
- Knowledge of new and evolving practices in medicine to allow for sound clinical expertise.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of health care industry with ability to provide solutions to meet client needs and maximize value of deliverables.
- Knowledge and understanding of the market place and professional trade associations, key people and companies.
- Understanding of Good Clinical Practice and analysis of research papers.
- Good understanding of clinical coding crosswalks and norms e.g. ICD10, CPT, Nappi codes, etc.
- Understanding of the National Health Policy Framework and new healthcare industry development.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamental processes of business, their interaction, and the impact of the external/ internal influences on clinical decision-making and deadline.
- Knowledge of the legislation governing RAF, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of the RABS Bill and its benefits.
How to apply
Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer at Eco Glades; email address is [email protected] OR hand delivered at 420 Witch-Hazel Avenue, Eco Glades 2, Centurion.
Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line, Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date, Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages and Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.