One of the hardest things about moving on from a breakup is accepting that the person who used to be the center of your world does not want to be part of your life anymore.
The difficult part is when you are left hanging, because you are not sure whether to wait or not.
However, knowing that your ex does not want you back anymore should push you to move on no matter how hard it is. If you do not do it, you will end up being pathetic from wallowing with bitterness while your ex is freely enjoying his/her new life.
Here are 8 signs that may help you realize if it is worth hoping for a reconciliation:
1. Your ex does not respond to your calls or messages
This one is normal if s/he does not answer your calls and messages days after your breakup. Maybe, s/he just needs time and space. However, if after weeks and months your ex does not even bother to ‘seenzone’ your messages on Messenger, and s/he never picks up even if you call every day, then it is clear the person does not want to communicate with you anymore.
2. You get blocked or s/he changes mobile number
When you get blocked on Facebook and his/her phonebook, it means your ex does not want you reaching out to him/her anymore. S/he may even change contact details to make sure you cannot contact him/her. When this happens, just respect the person’s privacy and stop looking for ways to communicate.
3. All your stuff are returned
Usually, it is hard to return the things of your ex after breakup if you still love the person, because doing so is like letting the person go for good. That is why, if your ex gives you the stuff you gave him/her, it could be a sign that s/he is already letting you go.
4. Your efforts are taken for granted
If after weeks or months you are still doing everything to win your ex back, but it seems like s/he does not care about it, then you better stop. You are only making a fool of yourself. If the person still wants you back, s/he would not ignore you for a long time, because s/he could not withstand taking you for granted.
5. Your ex does not make any effort to reconcileIf over the weeks and months your ex never makes any effort to win you back or at least express how s/he misses you, then it is a clear sign. The person does not want to make any step that can rekindle your affection for each other, because s/he wants complete freedom from you.
6. S/he tells you ‘I’m tired’ with a sighWhen a person gets tired of a relationship, s/he would not be eager to keep it anymore. So, if your ex does not want to get back together, and s/he tells you s/he got tired already, then stop pushing for it. You better give him/her space and time to rest.
7. The family does not welcome you anymore
Usually, if you are welcome in the home of your boyfriend or girlfriend, you become part of the family. So, whenever you two fight, they would tell you to reconcile. They would even back you up to win him/her again. However, if this time the family is already cold to you, maybe it is because your ex made it clear to them that s/he does not want to be back with you anymore.
8. Ex is not interested to see you
If your ex still cares for you, then s/he would be dying to see you again if given the chance. However, if after several invitations to dinner or coffee your ex never gives in, then it means s/he is not interested to meet up with you.
The more you understand yourself, the more silence there is, the healthier you are. —Maxime Lagacé