Are You Feeling Like You Are Shattered?
“It’s Over” are the two most painful words one dreads hearing in a relationship. Whether it was a casual fling or a serious relation spread over the years, whether you were foreseeing it for a long time or it caught you by surprise, a breakup can be devastating in either case.
The person you loved from the core of your heart has left you for someone else leaving you shattered and heartbroken. You are shedding tears on the outside and there is an empty void on the inside and you don’t know what to do. Your whole world has turned upside down and nothing can make you feel good or happy again. No one else in the world can make you whole again as a part of you has gone forever with your beloved.
If your heart has been broken, you will not only feel emotionally drained, your body will express the grief in the form of physical symptoms. If you are having nausea, headache, low appetite, insomnia or hypersomnia and you are feeling like you are shattered, you must seek help. Turning to friends and family might help but here are a few survival quotes that will help you through a breakup and get back on your feet.
12 Survival Break up Quotes
Breakup is a bitter part of life and it is more painful if you are the one at the receiving end. Breaking up might be easier if it is to get away from a partner who no longer shares the idea of building a life together but if your partner has left you just for monetary benefits or other material reasons, it will surely leave you devastated. If you have a strong support system, it will take you a couple of weeks or months to get back to life but sometimes you need more than a shoulder to cry on. Sometimes you need to know how other people survived the breakup and what wise people say about breakups and how to deal with them. Mentioned below are 12 survival break up quotes for him and her. Go through them and see how the words help you heal your wounded soul.
Parting with your partner and living with rejection can be terrible. A person, who vowed to take care of you, be with you in times of difficulty and love you forever has left you for someone else, the shock could shatter you to pieces. If you see nothing except for darkness and are on the verge of losing hope, go through these words of wisdom because there is surely light at the end of the tunnel.Let’s put the past behind where it belongs and move on.
1. “I’m going to smile and make you think I’m happy, I’m going to laugh, so you don’t see me cry, I’m going to let you go in style, and even if it kills me – I’m going to smile.”
2. ”The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known to suffer, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” — Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
3. “Nobody will protect you from your suffering. You can’t cry it away or eat it away or starve it away or walk it away or punch it away or even therapy it away. It’s just there, and you have to survive it. You have to endure it. You have to live through it and love it and move on and be better for it and run as far as you can in the direction of your best and happiest dreams across the bridge that was built by your own desire to heal.” ― Cheryl Strayed
4. “As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually be re-directed to something better.”
5. “Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things break, and all things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intentions. So go, Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.” — L.R. Frost
6. “When a dewdrop slides off a leaf and surrenders to gravity, the drop loses its previous identity and joins the vastness of the earth below. It must have trembled before it fell, just on the edge between the known and the unknown.Sometimes things end, they are finished, they are completing. Whatever it is, they are things that might have helped us to define who we are.It’s time to let go of it, allowing sadness, but not trying to hold on. Something greater is awaiting, dimensions are there to be discovered. We are past the point of no return now, and gravity is doing its work.Go with it – it represents liberation.”
No matter how strong men look on the outside, the breakup can hit them as hard as it would hit a woman who is emotionally weaker than most men. If you have recently gone through a breakup and looking for ways to cope with the outcomes, these quotes will surely give you comfort and help you get through this difficult phase of life.
7. “Don’t allow someone not worth it to have the power to occupy your thoughts. If they don’t find you worth the effort or the time, why should you waste yours?” ~Donna Lynn Hope
8. “Sometimes we must undergo hardships, breakups, and narcissistic wounds, which shatter the flattering image that we had of ourselves, in order to discover two truths: that we are not who we thought we were; and that the loss of a cherished pleasure is not necessarily the loss of true happiness and well-being.” ~Jean-Yves Leloup
9. “Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have – life itself.” – Walter Anderson
10. “Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather it makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along.” – Anonymous
11. “I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken, and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best, than mend it and see the broken pieces as long as I lived.”
12. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Whether your beloved left you heartbroken, you initiated the parting or ended the relationship mutually, a breakup can be difficult to endure. Not many people can move ahead right after the breakup. It can take months and even years for a heartbroken person to move on with life and make new relationships. If your support system is strong and you have friends and family that not only understand you but know how to console you and help you heal the wounds; you are the lucky one. If you are among those who keep their secrets to themselves and do not want others to know about the trauma you are going through, the above-mentioned quotes will help you understand the situations people like you went through and how they dealt with the dying relationships and how they got up back after the biggest fall.
If you don’t feel good at the moment it doesn’t mean that you never will. No matter how bad, betrayed and shattered you feel at the moment, you will find happiness again. You will love again and feel whole again. The empty void will be filled with love and hope. Until then, find solace in these heartwarming quotes and think about a better future.
The more you understand yourself, the more silence there is, the healthier you are. – Breakup Quotes