How Dramatized Movie Quotes Works In Real Life
The history of the cinema has left us with many unforgettable movie phrases that express the personality of the characters, the theme of which the story speaks about, and, in general, the psychological background of what is being told.
That makes many of the script fragments of movie classics and even recent ones recorded in the memory of hundreds of thousands of people, who come to make these phrases a part of interpreting reality.
30 Movie Quotes About Love, Sex, and Life
The seventh art has been used as a means of expression in countless ways and motives, but one of the reasons we will never stop watching movies is to see characters trying to find, save, or recover love.
Within the film stories, love is always a reason to sigh, since a well thought out idea, love can touch even the deepest fibers of the public with a single line in its script; That’s why no matter the genre of the movie, sometimes, a story can touch our hearts with the words of its characters; so we have the ten most poetic and romantic phrases in the cinema just for you. Check them out:
1. “I can’t remember to forget you” – Memento
In addition to being one of the most remembered movie phrases, it is the declaration of intentions of this feature film by Christopher Nolan, as it speaks of the tragic past of a character with anterograde amnesia. What it means is that the love this protagonist feels is even stronger than his amnesia. And that’s real, love is stronger than anything else in life.
2. “I was born when she kissed me, I died when she left me, and I lived the time she loved me “- In A Lonely Place
This phrase perfectly sums up an incredibly tragic way of experiencing life from a love relationship that is now over. I mean, we have all felt this way: dead after not having that person anymore. We feel our lives are no longer worth it, and that we only lived when we were in the relationship. I know many of you will feel identified with this quote!
3. “You make me want to be a better man” – As Good As It Gets
The antihero of this film shows his vulnerabilities that, curiously, have to do with the desire for self-improvement. We have all been there, wanting to be better for someone because of the love we feel for them. I think it’s a common feeling within love birds.
4. “But mostly, I hate the way I don’t hate you. Not even close. Not even a little bit. Not even at all.”- 10 Things I Hate About You
This is also something I know we all have felt: not being able to hate that person we love so much but that we don’t have anymore. We look for hate as a way to shield the hurt a past relationship has left on us, but sometimes we can’t. We have loved that person so much, it is impossible for us to hate them, and we hate that, too.
5. “People always do crazy things when they are in love” – Hercules
Isn’t this absolutely true? Love makes us all do crazy things we never thought we would do otherwise. It changes us completely, it makes us go nuts, and the change actually feels pretty good.
6. “A life without love is not a life at all” – Cinderella
Love is something infallible, something we can’t live without. I mean, what is life without love? This movie and phrase teach us that it is actually nothing.
7. “I know that I am not good enough for you, but I will spend the rest of my life proving that I am” – Endless Love
This quote also talks about wanting to change and improve for someone that we love. We always want to prove and try to be good enough for our loved ones. That’s what happens in this amazing romance, and in the amazing love stories of our lives.
8. “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once” – The Fault In Our Stars
Love hits us fast, and when it does, it knocks us out. That is exactly what this quote from The Fault In Our Stars wants to tell us: when you really fall in love, it comes all at once, and it can be quite overwhelming.
9. “Dying by your side is such a heavenly way to die” – 500 Days Of Summer
When you are so in love death seems heavenly if it is beside your loved one, that is when you know you have fallen deep.
10. “Our love is like the wind. I can’t see it, but I can feel it” – A Walk To Remember
After all, love is not something physical, but boy, how hard can it be felt. The concept is actually quite crazy, am I right?
Some are bold to say that words can teach more than an erotic image or scene, especially since explicit sex has the ability to excite the senses much faster. But it all depends on the power of your imagination. In it lies one of the great strengths of the human being: the ability to create what does not exist on the earthly plane or to personally reinvent a message.
Thus, of course, when reading a series of phrases taken from some of the best films in history, which have eroticism as the main axis, you may feel your breath shake, your neck beaded with tiny drops of sweat, I think you understand me, no need to keep going. Check out these 10 movie phrases about sex:
11. “You must forgive my lips… they find pleasure in the most unusual places” — A Good Year
I think all of our lips find pleasure in the most unusual places. It’s life, I guess!
12. “You’re really wearing that dress like you’re doing it a favour” — Crazy Stupid Love
I think all my girls out here would go absolutely crazy if a man told them this sexy line. Imagine if it what Ryan Gosling, ovary explosion in 3,2,1!
13. “Get your a** on the bed and prepare for the f*** of your life” — Cruel Intentions
Who doesn’t love a direct command like this one? Hello to my people that like a little bit of domination!
14. “What do you say we blow this joint and then each other?” — Love & Other Drugs
No pun intended, yeah sure!
15. “Every true lover knows that the moment of greatest satisfaction comes when ecstasy is long over, and he beholds before him the flower which has blossomed beneath his touch” — Don Juan DeMarco
What a poetic way to describe an orgasm! Truly beautiful, and quite amazing, too.
16. “Y’know, I could eat a peach for hours” —Face/Off
This one here is left for the interpretation of your little dirty mind. Let us know if you figured it out!
17. “I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days” – Bull Durham
18. “With my body, I will worship you” – Fifty Shades Darker
I don’t think I have heard something sexier from a movie. This phrase will melt anyone in a hot second.
19. “Take me to bed or lose me forever” – Top Gun
We have all been there. Damn!
20. “Tell me… tell me you want me” – Fear
The words we all love to hear when we are at it!
If movies have something, it is a great capacity to condense great teachings into small moments, images … and phrases. The history of cinema has left us unforgettable lines, among which are some of the most important vital life advice you’ll ever hear. Ready to reflect?
21. “They can take our lives, but they will never take away our freedom” – Braveheart
Freedom above all else can become an overwhelming force that passes over death. That is what this movie wants to tell us, what this quote advises us to think about life.
22. “Hakuna Matata” – The Lion King
A phrase in Swahili that became world-famous from this hugely famous Disney movie. Its meaning is “live and be happy.”: Something we should all practice every day of our lives.
23. “There are no two words in the English language more harmful than “good job”- Whiplash
This film talks about the absolute sacrifice that it takes to obtain success through it, and this phrase serves as a reminder of a simple idea: victory, seen in an extreme way, is a matter of all or nothing. Also, a good job basically means good enough, which only implies a small amount of dedication to achieve enough, which is not what we should base our lives on. We should always give our best and aim for the start, not settle for the low because it feels enough.
24. “All men die, but not all have lived” – Braveheart
We had to mention another Braveheart quote; I mean, what an amazing and inspiring movie. The vitalist spirit of this film is perfectly reflected in this sentence. Everyone dies, it’s the natural cycle of life, but not everyone lives, as crazy as it sounds. Many people have no life purpose or they don’t do anything significant during their journey on earth, which is what this quote wants to say exactly. It’s up to you to live, do something with your life, and have meaning on earth.
25. “Nobody’s perfect” – Some like it hot
This final script line was not supposed to appear in the final product, but it finally did and was recorded in the memory of everyone who has seen this movie. It is something we must all repeat ourselves regularly: nobody’s perfect, even if it looks like it. We all have flaws, make mistakes, that is what makes us human.
26. “With each fight you get stronger” – Cinderella Man
This phrase can be linked more easily to self-improvement and personal development than any other. Life shapes us. Every fight, fall, mistake, flaw, and experience make us stronger, better, more ready for what is to come. We must look at our adversities and these fights as opportunities to become better.
27. “I stand upon my desk to remind myself that we must constantly look at things in a different way” – Dead Poets Society
I think we must all stand upon our desks to remind ourself eves that we must constantly look at things in a different way. Nothing is one-sided or definite. Everything has a different side that we must look at in order to understand completely and have an open mind about life. Practice this every day, and you will see how life gets easier to understand.
28. “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future” – Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
This epic story focuses its main storyline on the experiences of two helpless young people that make incredible things. This lets us know that no matter where or what you come from, how small you think you are, you can still change the future, you can still do something big and great. Nobody is incapable. We all can do anything we propose ourselves to do.
29. “A real loser is someone who is so afraid of not winning that he doesn’t even try” – Little Miss Sunshine
This is one of the movie phrases that remind us of the importance of taking the first steps towards a goal. If you never try out of fear of failure, you are the biggest loser. You need to try before thinking that you are not going to make it. Life surprises us in many ways, so leave the fear behind, put yourself out there, and achieve your goals. You never know!
30. “They say that the best blaze burns brightest when circumstances are at their worst.” — Howl’s Moving Castle
And it is absolutely true. Only the best know how to get the best out of any situation, even if it’s the worst. Only the best shine the brightest in how they manage and solve the worst circumstances. That’s what differentiates the amazing from the good!
I guess life, love, and sex will now be more comfortable thanks to all these amazingly inspiring quotes from our all-time favorite movies! I know you will be paying more attention to what movies talk about from now on, as they can be so helpful in our everyday lives. I hope you liked them!