20 Anniversary Quotes For Everyone In A Relationship
Anniversaries are special because they are an opportunity to celebrate the time spent with your partner, from dating to marriage anniversaries, the longer you spend together the more special it becomes. Every relationship has milestones that are sometimes overlooked, like when you met, your engagement, marriage, your first home, kids, etc, and anniversary celebrates how far you’ve come and pays extra attention to shared memories. It doesn’t matter if it’s your first or fiftieth, every anniversary is a special occasion to show your significant other that the flame of love is still burning bright in your relationship.
During such occasions, it’s not always easy to come up with the right words or the perfect anniversary note to accompany a gift, for when you’re in lack of words and inspiration, we have got you covered with heartfelt quotes that will speak volumes and help you reaffirm your love. Or if you’re sharing in the special moment of family and friends, you could encourage them and let them know how you feel.
1. “The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” ― Rumi
A quote of pure and genuine love, these words will melt your significant other’s hear when they read it on a card or when you say it to them.
2. ”If I know what love is, it is because of you.” — Herman Hesse
A very popular quote for lovers of all ages from your first love to subsequent relationships, this quote will leave its mark.
3. ”To have you in my life is wondrous. Yet all good things, allegedly, come to an end, piffle, says I, for you, undoubtedly, will forever be my lover and best friend.” — John Walter Bratton.
Sweet words for Bae when you’ve been together for a long time and still going strong, very appropriate when you’ve found ‘’the one’’.
4. ”You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known – and even that is an understatement.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
This will remind your sweetheart of the place they have in your life and how deep your love for them runs. Aww! What better words could there possibly be?
5. Here is to love, to romance, to us. May we travel together through time. We alone count as none, but together we’re one, For our partnership puts love to rhyme. — Author Unknown
Very poetic words for an everlasting love that transcends time, your better half will cherish this quote as it reassures them of your eternal flame.
6. After all of this time, you are still amazing and beautiful in my eyes. Happy Anniversary.
Simple but deep and with a lot of meaning, I bet your significant other will love to hear that you still find them attractive and beautiful after all these years.
7. Whatever our souls are made of, yours and mine are the same.” — Emily Bronte
A quote by Emily Bronte the queen or romance novels is bound to do the trick if you lack words of your own when celebrating your anniversary.
8. For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home. — Stephanie Perkins
These are the right words to express the peace and sense of belonging you feel when you’re with that special someone.
9. And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you. — Kiersten White
What other time could be better to renew your vows to your significant other than on your anniversary? These words say it all, you’ll pick them again a hundred times over if you had to.
10. If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you. — A.A Milne
Beautiful words for any relationship that plans to go the long haul, they capture the essence of true love and how you’d rather die than live without the one you love.
The first couple we come in contact with is often our parents, they’re likely to be our first example of what a relationship is all about. The yardstick with which we measure love and commitment, our parents and relatives set the foundation of our relationships good or bad. Celebrating their anniversary is a great way to show appreciation, acknowledge the precedence they have set and cherish them as role models. Here are some words to help you in that respect.
11. An anniversary is not divided into mere hours of a day but measured in each moment when two people never stop being one. — Byron Pulsifer
This quote is a great reminder of what it truly means to be a couple as well as the meaning of an anniversary.
12. “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” — Tom Bodett
Tom Bodett pretty much sums up the concept of happiness and human existence with these words. It will remind your parents of all the good things in their life mile and put a smile on their faces.
13. Your togetherness in good and bad times has taught us teamwork. Your tolerance for each other’s habits taught us patience. And your support during each other’s crises has taught us solidarity. Your lives as our parents have taught us how to live. Happy anniversary.
Heartwarming words every parent will love to hear, use the opportunity of their special day to express all the love and gratitude you feel towards them with this quote.
14. You two are amazing role models for marriage, parenthood, friendship, and love. Thanks for everything!
There’s no doubt your parents will be overwhelmed to know you they inspire you and are your role models.
15. A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance, and tenacity. The order varies for any given year. — Paul Sweeney
Though this is a funny anniversary quote it has some truth to it that will make your parents not only laugh but reflect too.
Our entourage, family and friends are the ones we run to for relationship advice and direction when we need it the most. They stand as a reference in our lives as we go through the different stages of a relationship. An anniversary is a good time to tell them how much they inspire and guide us by being together.
16. ”A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” — Mignon McLaughlin
A very popular quote that reminds us that relationships you to put in work every day.
17. An anniversary is a time to celebrate, a time to appreciate how far we have come in life and to excitedly anticipate what lies ahead of us. Happy Anniversary
Every couple loves to reminisce about their relationship and all the stages of romance they have been through, this quote will take them down memory lane and remind them of how far they have come and the journey ahead.
18. ”Every heart sings a song, incomplete until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.”— Plato
Sweet words from Plato the great philosopher that will work its magic on your friends for their anniversary.
19. An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joys of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow. Happy anniversary!
A Simple but deep quote for a couple you care about reminding them of the reason why anniversaries are celebrated.
20. “When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.” — Albert Einstein
Though he is famous for mathematical genius, Albert Einstein also had a way with words, this quote can testify to that.
While gifts are a great way to celebrate an anniversary, the right words can make it way better, words are harder to forget and a romantic message on a card will most certainly outlast the gift. Each couple and relationship is different so when choosing a quote pick one that best suits your partner, parents or friend’s personality.
You can personalize it, add humor or use and inside joke as long as it warms their heart and puts a smile on their face. No matter how simple it may seem, happy anniversary quotes can help strengthen the bond you share with the person you send it to. Hopefully, the above quotes will help you celebrate love and commemorate this special day.
Let us know which of the quotes was your favorite
The more you understand yourself, the more silence there is, the healthier you are. —Maxime Lagacé