It has been reported that the US government will ban the use of TikTok and WeChat.
The government stated that the reason for doing so is to safeguard the national security of the United States.
The Chinese app TikTok will also be banned by 12 November, but commerce secretary Wilbur Ross said early Friday on Fox Business News that access to that app may be possible if certain safeguards are in place.
In a statement by Ross: “At the president’s direction, we have taken significant action to combat China’s malicious collection of American citizens’ personal data, while promoting our national values, democratic rules-based norms, and aggressive enforcement of US laws and regulations.”
The government said its order, previously announced by Donald Trump in August, will “combat China’s malicious collection of American citizens’ personal data”.
It was also revealed that the ban is restricted to only making videos but downloading the app because of communication won’t subject to penalties.
On the other hand, some other countries had already kicked against the use of TikTok by young ones most especially South Africans.
This is following after a graphic video of a suicide was uploaded.
Not only that, some other contents that should not be done on the app most especially with children.
It was stated that parents should restrict their children from using the on parents to prevent their children from using TikTok .
The more you understand yourself, the more silence there is, the healthier you are. —Maxime Lagacé