Asteriaphobia is the extreme fear of starfish.
What are the symptoms of Decidophobia
Below, you will see some common symptoms of Decidophobia
- Anxiety when thinking of starfish
- constantly avoiding Seeing Starfish
- unable to cope with their anxiety
- Muscle tension, shakiness and sweating
- may experience panic attack at that moment
The Causes of Fear of Starfish
The science is not precise, but so far phycologist and behavioral pathologist think it might begin in childhood or adolescence.
• You might feel powerless
• Your significant other or kids might be affected.
• Losing control of your current life situation.
• Fear of losing a comfortable status.
Storyline of a person with the fear of starfish
I am 12 years old, and I am so scared of starfish! Whenever I see them I run and scream. Many friends of mine ask why? I just don’t like the feeling of them crawling up my arm, or sticking onto you.