First you should know that all relationships go through difficult times. If you’re experiencing this right now then you might be asking yourself, how can I tell if my relationship is still worth saving? Is there a sure sign that things are already beyond repair? In this article we’ll cover some of the signs you can look for to know whether your relationship could be worth saving, or has already passed the point of no return. Remember, not every crisis has to mean the end of a partnership. Think about the time you put into your relationship as an investment – One which you’d like to see a return on. Don’t walk out of a relationship that is still worth saving!
1. You Still Trust Your Partner – There cannot be intimacy without trust and there cannot be a good trusting connection without open communication. Open communication isn’t all about nagging or criticizing someone; It’s about expressing your feelings so that both parties can get what they need, and hopefully want from the relationship. If intimacy has declined, it’s not the end of your relationship. You can still be intimate with touching and kissing, which could build more trust and push things further.
2. You’ve Survived Challenges With Respect For Each Other – Coming through the fire has made you stronger, not weaker, and your love for each other can still be enough to save the relationship. Touch and positive communication can have real powers when it comes to healing a relationship. You’ve been through some hardships, but you’ve made it through the rough parts together. How your partner handles stress is a great determination of their character and it can reveal a lot about them to you. If you survived a challenge and can look at your partner with respect for their courage, composure, and ability to find humor, consider yourself a lucky person because your relationship is worth saving.
3. You Still Believe In The Power Of Love -Love is one of the most powerful forces on the planet, and we don’t use it as much as we should. Give hugs, kisses and gentle shoulder rubs to your partner as often as you think about wanting to. Physical contact help stimulate the release of oxytocin and that makes couples bond more strongly. After all, oxytocin is nicknamed “the cuddle hormone” for a reason! Oxytocin helps mother and child bonding, as well as romantic couple bonding.
4. You Acknowledge Your Role In Whatever Broke The Relationship – Maybe you did nothing wrong, but you didn’t believe yourself worthy of love, so you couldn’t truly receive the love that your partner as giving you. Open yourself up and embrace the fact that another person is truly in love with you and is ready to cross any physical or emotional barrier with you. How can you fix whatever is broken if you won’t acknowledge that it needs to be fixed? There are two people in every relationship and both contribute to the health and security of the partnership. Neither one of you is blameless but neither one of you is completely to blame either. If you say nothing else, say these four sentences to your partner often; “I’m sorry.” “Please forgive me.” “Thank you.” “I love you.”
5. Imagine Yourself Separated – Are you happy or sad when thinking about breaking up with your partner? If you’re happy, then you will likely be smiling as you think about it. If you’re not smiling, it’s a sign that your broken relationship is still worth saving. A breakup can lead to major depression, which is bad for both your mental and physical health. This is most common among teenagers, and if you feel that you may be depressed because of a breakup it’s important that you seek help rather than trying to handle the situation alone. You can also get help with depression by calling 1-800-273-8255.