Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of City Manager. The application will close on 4th September 2020.
Location: Eastern Cape
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality advertised post is as follows:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration/Political Sciences/Social Sciences/Law or equivalent.
- A Certificate in Municipal Finance Management or attaining within a reasonable timeframe the number of Unit Standards required for designated officials in terms of the 2007 Municipal Regulations on Competency Levels.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience at a senior management level.
- Have proven successful institutional transformation within public or private sector.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation;
- Advanced understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management;
- Advanced understanding of council operations and delegation of powers;
- Good governance;
- Audit and risk management establishment and functionality;
- Budget and finance management;
- A valid Code B Driver’s Licence (minimum).
How to apply
The relevant official application form is obtainable from the eighth floor, Lillian Diedericks Building (formerly Brister House), Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth. Application forms may also be downloaded here or click on the GREEN download button at the top of the page. Alternatively, requests for the official application form must be emailed to [email protected] (contact person: Ms Vuyiseka Gula – tel. 041 506-3259). No application forms other than the abovementioned will be accepted. Completed application forms, CVs and certified copies of supporting documentation must be emailed to [email protected].
Enquiries: Ms Ayanda Mokuena: tel. 041 506 7323.