The New Year is upon us and that means that it is a time for reflection and deep introspection. If you are reading this article, then it’s likely that you have been active in love (or at the very least, have a desire to) this year. You may have won, you may have lost. Regardless, the journey for true love never ends and it’s always best that you keep yourself updated about the rules of love. So, to celebrate the new year, an opportunity for new beginnings and renewed connections, let us celebrate by following the most important relationship rules of the year 2018. A happy new year to you and may your love life be as meaningful, happy, and fulfilling as it has ever been! Follow these relationship rules and you’ll be in a better position to find happiness in love.
1. Always be honest and true in your relationship. You always want your partner to know that you can rely on one another. And you can’t have genuine reliance on your relationship if you can’t be honest with one another.
3. Don’t back down from arguments. It’s always healthy when the two of you argue with one another. It means that you are interested in trying to understand each other’s perspectives and differences.
4. You should never consider it your duty to “fix” or “change” someone you love. You should love your partner for who they really are. If you have a desire to change them, then it’s not true love after all.
5. Always make an effort to understand one another. You can’t just be concerned with your own needs and your own perspectives. You have to make sure that you try your best to see the world from each other’s point of view.
6. Never underestimate the significance of mindfulness in your relationship. Your efforts to stay mindful of your partner’s needs are never going to go unnoticed or unappreciated. Your partner will always love you for staying thoughtful.
7. Don’t forget about the little things. Being romantic isn’t always about the grand romantic gestures. It’s also about the little things that you do in a relationship. It’s really about the constant efforts that you put into your love that matter.
8. Always try to take any advice from others with a grain of salt. No one else knows your relationship the way that you do. So, try to maintain an open mind. But always know you have the final say in your relationship.
9. Don’t be afraid to research. You don’t always have the answers in your relationship. It’s okay for you to seek advice from people online or from qualified professionals.
10. Always try to take an interest in each other’s passions. You are both distinct and unique individuals. You have your own personal leanings and preferences. You can connect to one another in this respect.
11. Speak up if you ever need something from your partner. Never be afraid to talk to your partner about your needs that aren’t being met. You can’t expect them to be mind-readers. If you want something, be mature and brave enough to talk about it.
12. Do not get sex tips from any magazine. Sex in a relationship is always a process of discovery. The more you get to know one another, the better you will be when it comes to sexual intimacy.
13. Nobody really understands your relationship the way that you do. And you don’t understand other peoples’ relationships the way that they do. So keep your nose out of the business of others.
14. Always make sure that you never stop doing the things that you used to do at the beginning of a relationship. If you used to bring your partner random flowers or food, then continue to do so throughout your relationship.
15. Never hold on to grudges in your relationship. If your partner does something wrong, talk about it. Forgive them and move on. You can’t be harboring ill feelings.
16. Always split the finances. Or at the very least, be reasonable with the way that you handle your spending. It can’t be totally lopsided because that can generate imbalance and contempt.
17. Learn to accept the fact that no one is perfect. Don’t be placing your partner on a pedestal. Always make sure that you stay patient and understanding with one another.
18. Never shy away from difficult conversations. It’s through these awkward discussions where the two of you really get the chance to grow and connect as a couple on a more intimate level.
19. Always trust your intuition. Learn to listen to your gut more in the relationship. A lot of what makes up true love should always be intuitive. Don’t overthink it.
20. Respect the privacy and intimacy of your relationship. There are just certain things that you shouldn’t be broadcasting to the public. Make sure that you keep the most intimate aspects of your relationship just for you and your partner.