Field of Study:
- Commerce, Law & Management
- Humanities (Law major)
Legalwise Bursary Scheme 2021 Details:
Legalwise is offering bursaries to students in need of financial support and mentorship for the duration of their studies.
The allocation of a bursary is evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The applicant/parent must be a fully paid up LegalWise Member for at least two years prior to application and must continue to be a Member for the duration of the bursary.
- No exceptions will be made Degrees which qualify are BA (Law), BCOM (Law), LLB or BCOM (Business Administration) degrees
- The applicant is required to be a registered student at one of the recognized tertiary institutions in the year of applying for the bursary.
- Bursaries are only offered from the second year of study onwards
- The applicant must have achieved at least a “C” aggregate (60 %) academically in their previous year of studies at tertiary level.
- No exceptions will be made Bursaries are only allocated for the year following the one in which the application was received
- The applicant should be able to speak, read and write English and at least one other official language
- A limited number of bursaries are allocated annually and re-allocation is dependent on satisfactory academic performance
- Incomplete applications will not be considered – all supporting documentation must be supplied
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to go to their closest LegalWise branch for an interview LegalWise reserves the right to accept or decline applications at its discretion and in accordance with its own internal decision-making process
- Applications open on the 1st of August annually and must be submitted by close of business on the 30th of September each year.
- No late submissions will be considered
Bursaries will not be awarded to first year students.
No exceptions will be made.
Bursaries will not be awarded for part-time studies. No exceptions will be made.
You must currently be registered as a student at a University, enrolled to study an LLB, BCOM (Law), BA (Law) or BCOM (Business Administration) degree.
You must have achieved at least a “C” aggregate (60 %) in your previous year of study.
No exceptions will be made.
Conditions of Bursary:
- You should be able to speak, read and write English and at least one other official language
- The Bursary is a partial bursary awarded to cover annual registration and tuition fees to the maximum value of R35 000.
- In addition to academic achievement you should display determination, a positive attitude and the commitment to succeed.
- You should also demonstrate initiative and ability to work in a team.
- You should display good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to go to their nearest LegalWise Branch for an interview before the end of December.
- Bursaries are only awarded for the year following the one in which the application was received.
- You, your Parent(s) or Legal Guardian must be a fully paid-up Member of LegalWise. This Membership must have been active for at least two years prior to applying. No exceptions will be made.
How to Apply:
Applications will be made available on the Legalwise website when applications open