Fear of relationship phobia is a kind of fear in which a person is afraid of approaching another person. Getting to know each other is the last thing the victim of this relationship phobia can think of.
Often a person suffers from the fear of relationship phobia because he or she is either afraid of rejection or extreme humiliation.
Maybe the person has been emotionally wounded several times and suffers from the trauma of getting involved in a relationship once more.
The defense system which every one of us has within yourselves continuously prevents us from getting involved in something new, and our conscious goes on repeating, “do not prepare yourself for a second emotional blow, stay aloof and be contented.”
However, there are some simple steps, which will help you to overcome relationship phobia. These include:
- Try to slow yourself down and spend some time deciding how should you get on well with other people. Talk less.
- You must try and understand the frame of reference to another person.
- Fear of relationships happens when a person fails to understand real intimacy.
- Give yourself some time to grow and flourish from within. First, what is necessary is self-identification. Know yourself and try to be intimate with your entity before attempting to know others
- Reveal the truths about yourself in a most decent way. Do not ever keep things untold and unspoken because this may create a barrier between you and your partner.