at Casablanca Hotel, Resort, Casino, Golf and Spa
# of openings:
JOB TITLE: Cook
STARTING RATE: $45.00
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT: 18 years old
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: S. Nevada Health District Health Card.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the proper frying, broiling, sautéing, grilling, baking, boiling, wok cooking etc. of all food items for service to guests.
All Cooks: Previous experience in food preparation and food service. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English. Must be flexible and adaptable. Must be able to move quickly in times of peak business. Must have good eye/hand coordination. Must have a good sense of sight and smell.
Specialty Cooks: Must have at least (1) year experience in Asian cooking in a high volume restaurant (non-fast food).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set-up and maintain and clean kitchen and food service areas.
- Responsible for proper and efficient cooking procedures including but not limited to preparing raw or cooked food items (fish, poultry, meat, fruits, vegetables etc.) to company standards and expectations, and timely service of finished product to guests.
- Help to ensure that all Health and Safety standards are met for assigned work areas.
- Other job related duties as assigned or instructed by management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS:
- Strive to deliver world-class products and service for our guests.
- Cheerful, helpful, and professional when interacting with guests and team players.
- Take ownership and have an “It’s my job” attitude.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities recurring lifting heavy objects over 50 pounds. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities such as above-average agility and dexterity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of such places as kitchens, restaurants, bars, coolers, offices, meeting and training rooms, libraries, residences and commercial vehicles, e.g., use of safe work practices with kitchen equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire, health and safety regulations and traffic signals, etc. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. This is a 24 hour/7 day a week work environment with varying shifts including weekends and holidays.