Based on Employer
The DeKalb County School District is now hiring for a Full-Time Spanish Teacher! To apply for this opportunity, please see the instructions below.
The material contained herein is subject to change. All open positions offered by the DeKalb County School District are subject to specific job requirements. The DeKalb County School District is an equal opportunity employer, and all hiring decisions are subject to federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
Title: Teacher, General Education
Provides quality instruction and implements the curriculum for assigned students; establishes, fosters, facilitates and maintains a safe and secure classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Teaches grade relevant, subject matter specific and mandated curriculum.
• Prepares lesson plans, instructional aids, and supplemental teaching materials.
• Assesses, documents and prepares reports such as achievement progress, grade and classroom performance, and attendance.
• Participates in student development and achievement related conferences with parents, students, counselors, teachers, principal, and/or administrators.
• Performs general instruction coordination duties such as ordering materials, attending meetings, and engaging in various forms or correspondence.
• Attends professional learning sessions and/or required conferences.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree from a Professional Standards Commission approved accredited college or university in relevant educational field required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PERMITS:
• Valid Professional Standards Commission approved certificate in appropriate educational field at level T-4 or above required.
• Valid Professional Standards Commission approved subject-specific endorsements required.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
(1) Select a job posting via the PATS website @ www.pats.dekalb.k12.ga.us; (2) Complete an on-line application; and (3) Submit the required documents. Please check your “To Do List” for a list of requirements. Documents underlined in blue can be attached. All other documents must be submitted to Human Resources.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring company for next steps in the selection process