Sugar Research Australia invests in and manages a portfolio of research, development and adoption projects that drive productivity, profitability and sustainability for the Australian sugarcane industry. It is funded by a statutory levy paid by growing and milling businesses.
Why should apply to this program? The program gives you a range of services to empower you with the skills and knowledge to plan for your future career and successfully transition from student into professional.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2019
- University or Organization: Sugar Research Australia Ltd
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters or PhD research degree
- Award: $32,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Australian students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Aspirants from Australia
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Masters or PhD research degree in Agriculture and Environment, Science and Mathematics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this fund, the applicant must have acceptance for a place on full-time Masters or PhD research degree in disciplines relevant to the future of the Australian sugar industry.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to apply for this bursary then you are enforced to take admission in the masters or PhD research degree at the recognized university in Australia. After taking confirmation, seekers can submit the online application of the studentship via SugarNet.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach the academic record as demonstrated by academic transcripts, research project quality, the relevance of the project and its outcomes to the sugar industry and satisfactory referee reports.
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted, claimants are demanded to hold their undergraduate degree certificate with good academic grades in the relevant subject area.
- Language Requirement: Aspirants need to submit a certificate that states the English language is a media of instruction in their previous degree issued university.
- SugarNet will remain open throughout the year starting 1 January to handle SPRS applications, and evaluations of submitted applications will be conducted after applications close on 31 October every year.
- The successful applicants will be provided a tax-free stipend of $32,000 per annum (exclusive of GST).
- Successful applicants with an RTP support will be provided a tax-free top-up set at a maximum of 75% of the RTP stipend rate which is determined by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training each year.
- All successful applicants will also be provided with an additional budget of $10,000 (excluding GST) per year to support research project operating expenses.