This last February, anchor and The Today Show co-host Hoda Kotb was overjoyed to announce that she adopted an infant baby girl.
It became apparent to regular viewers that something was up when Hoda was absent from the show for several days. Then she called into the show while her coworkers were on air and made the surprising announcement that she had adopted little Haley Joy.
My girl #haleyjoy
“She’s a Valentine’s baby so she’s a little nugget,” Hoda told TODAY. “She is the love of my life!”
Baby on board!
Now that Hoda has returned to work, she was asked to participate in TODAY’s “Love Your Body” series by writing a letter to baby Haley, encouraging her to always be comfortable in her own skin.
The letter she wrote is incredibly touching and important to remember even as an adult. Check it out below!
Some thoughts about the perfectly put-together you:
– Your eyes: Use them to see the good in people and each day.
– Your ears: Listen for small words of wisdom from those around you (and to music that lifts you up).
– Your smile: Share it often.
– Your hands: Lend them and hold mine whenever you need to.
– Your belly: It will get tickled a lot by the pompoms I’ll be shaking for you constantly.
– Your brain: No one cares what it weighs or if another brain “wore it better” so value it and share the best of it.
– Your heart: Listen to it, follow it and figure out what and who makes it beat faster.
– Your skin: Strive to be comfortable in it your whole life.
– Your back: I’ve got it; always.
– Your fanny: Sit on it often and look around – there’s beauty everywhere.
– Your feet: Run, don’t walk, toward life’s adventures and your dreams.
– Your soul: Float next to mine forever.
Now I’m going to hug your beautiful little being. Squish.
Share this mom’s sweet letter today!